What's important is not the character of a place... rather the characters in the place.
- Plato




18 December 2011

Halloween Spooktacular

This post was started just after the party - sorry I am only getting around it....

The day I received the official e-invite in the mail, I knew it was going to be a great night. Halloween is time to be fun & creative - it's  can be a night of surprises, as you never know what kinds of great costumes will be worn by fun people. This party had PLENTY of those! Preston & Julie worked their buns off (per usual) to get their new house ready for a Halloween Spook-tacular. Successful they were- the decorations could be in a magazine!  
Uncle Preston's famous yet dangerous Appletinis [aka poison]
 
Paper rats & some Julie-made candle decor!

Party snacks or skeleten rib cage?

Spookiness everywhere....

Spiders, spider webs, bats, poison signs, skulls, rats, and pumpkins found themselves all over the house. Old white sheets covered the upholstered furniture. The only source of light was candlelight. Some of the food was even Halloween-themed! The decorating did not stop at the door- they even made the outside SPOOKY:  

spooky graveyard w/ creepy garden gnome
 If you couldn't tell already from the photos, my aunt Julie is a brilliant hostess and decorator - I learn something new from her everytime I go over to their house!


Thank you, Preston & Julie, for hosting a SUPER fun Halloween par-tay!

No comments:

Post a Comment